Monday, September 23, 2013

130923 RAIN FALL

Depending on where you were in Sun City you received anywhere between 3 and 6" of rainfall according to my sources; at my office I received 3.75 inches. With that in mind those of you who haven't turned off your irrigation system, please do. There was enough rainfall to leave the systems off for the entire week if not longer. Forecasts for the upcoming weekend are hopeful that we will receive another round of showers, allowing us to leave the irrigation off even longer. With the cooler evening temperatures, it is also important to reduce watering to avoid fungus forming in the turf areas.

I also received word from the city that they are discussing reducing watering days down to 2 days per week. Your regular water days will not change, except that you will only be able to water on two of them. I would recommend that you omit the Thursday or Friday watering day as it applies to your address. When I receive something formal, I will post more about it.